Sunday, March 20, 2011

Welcome Spring!

Darren and I had the most wonderful time spending the weekend outside. I've been working hard planting bulbs, tubers, and seeds all over the place lately and it is good to see my hard work paying off. Darren is such a wonderful husband. He's been patient and encouraging with my plans for a vegetable garden. I'll have to post the plans and pictures of that soon. Saturday was absolutely beautiful!We worked hard on the frames for my raised beds. Fortunately for us, the drill batteries didn't last very long. I took a cat nap on a blanket while Darren read a book waiting for it to charge back up again. Before that, Darren grilled hot dogs. YUM!! Here are my flowers that we planted from bulbs along the fence. I'm coaxing Morning Glories to grow up the fence and across the top. Hopefully they'll be sprouting up very soon!


Stacy, my sister-in-law gave me the hummingbird feeder for Christmas. Come on little birdies! The weather was simply amazing all weekend. I'm out of tea bags for sweet tea now :) Mom is supposed to be coming to visit the second weekend in April and I can't wait! We're going to catch the last weekend for Dallas Blooms. Hopefully we can make it an annual tradition. I'll be posting pictures for the garden plans and the start of it next! Hurray for the first day of Spring today!

1 comment: